It’s not every day you come across a super model with curls. Well in my books, she is a super model and a sweetheart with a crazy, witty side and a great sense of humour.
State your name and country of birth: Syanne Patterson, UK
- Age : 24
- Special Kinks: How long have you been natural or transitioning?
- Syanne: I’ve always been natural. Only do a quarterly keratin treatment to help strengthen hair and minimize frizz.
That’s right! She has been forever natural. These interviewees are like pearls being found in clams. 🙂
- SK: What is your hair regimen?
- Syanne: I wash twice weekly with a paraben free/ sulfate natural shampoo, conditioning every other day. To style, I use either coconut oil, argan oil or a serum to tame any frizz.
- SK: Name your favourite products:
- Syanne: I’m a big fan of Giovanni Eco Chic Cosmetics hair line, particularly their Ultra-Sleek range. Also, I love Bumble and Bumble’s Curl Conscious styling products.
- SK: How easy or difficult is it sourcing products that you love to use on your hair where you live or reside?
- Syanne: Fairly easy, thank you Amazon! (Aint that the truth! Everything is a click away.)
- SK: Favourite style?
- Syanne: Second day curls, they begin to loosen up a little and look rather beachy.
- SK: Tell me about a great hair day or a bad hair day in short, or about a liked or frustrating feature about your hair.
- Syanne: Great hair day – when it has just the right amount of volume without looking either deflated or electrified. It’s frustrating not knowing when these days come around, this hair can be a little unpredictable. (SK: You are preaching to the choir! Amen!)
- SK: Do you have any hair crushes?
- Syanne: Shakira
- SK: What would you say to employers and teachers out there who think that natural hair is not for the office or the classroom, respectively?
- Syanne: I believe as long as a one maintains level of professional, clean and respectfully suitable deportment for the office, it should not matter the type of hair one has. Personally, I think it’s a rather dated perception. (SK: I agree.)
- SK: Describe your hair in one word, and why?
- Syanne: Mane, “roar” (SK: Did you really just ‘Roar!’ Syanne? See what I told you about her wit and sense of humour?! lol)
- SK: Name something outrageous or edgy or just different you would love to try with your hair but have not had the guts to try YET!
- Syanne: I used to keep it very short when I was young, I’d love to do that again but even shorter, thinking pixie cut.
Natural Curls and the Modelling Industry
SK: Has your hair ever won you a job or made you lose any in the modelling industry?
Syanne: Not sure whether I lost any jobs, casting directors are usually specific and brief the agencies as to which types of girls to send to a casting. So its seldom a concern, we aren’t given any feedback really unless we are booked. I have definitely been booked for my hair, especially before and after shoots for stylists and straighteners like GHD and V05.
SK: Do you get many request for straight styles?
Syanne: Depending on the client and the job I am asked to have my hair straight, sometimes both if we’re shooting more than one look. It’s pretty much a flexible accessory in this industry.
SK: When your hair is straight for a shoot how is it maintained despite humidity and ac?
Syanne: It holds up pretty well here in the UK I can keep it straight for a few days without going over it. It takes a little more care in warmer climates.
You can read more about Syanne here… http://thebajeemcee.blogspot.com/2012/04/syanne-patterson-what-its-really-like.html (I did this interview too 🙂