This post is to express my appreciation and gratitude.
I feel so honoured that someone liked my blog enough to nominate me for an Award.
Put aside the fact that I didn’t know the award existed or what it was but I was HAPPY nonetheless, and I just felt the need to write my thank you speech… I just want to thank God for my writing talent. He said not to bury your talents and therefore I am using mine. Secondly, I’d like to thank EVERYONE who reads my blog, ramblings, advice, hairstories, quirky notes and all. And of course I’d like to thank CurlyGirl87 for the nomination!
So I was nominated for a Liebster by @Curly Girls Guide (http://curlygirlsguide.com/) I had absolutely no idea what this was until she told me and I looked at her blog post. It is an award specifically for bloggers that have fewer than 200 followers; it is a list of 10 questions that you must answer from the person that nominated you, then you create 10 questions and nominate 10 other blogs. So these are the questions from Curly Girl Guide:
- Do you believe everyone has a soulmate ? Why ? Why not? – Yes but I don’t believe that your soulmate is necessarily the romantic love of your life, it may be your bestfriend. Aristotle said, “A true friend is one soul in two bodies.”
- All time favorite TV show? – The Nanny/Friends/Fresh Prince of Bel Air (Sorry I can’t pick one but I can watch reruns daily so these are high on my list lol)
- All time favorite music album ? – Alanis Morrisette ‘Jagged Little Pill’ (It was like my first CD and the only album I still know completely.)
- What is the most interesting place you have traveled to ? – New York City with it’s hustle and bustle, melting pot of cultures, public transportation system, cuisine, late hours, bright lights and just how it is so opposite to the calm, sleepy way of the Caribbean.
- If you could start your own business what would it be ? Why? – A school. I believe a good education is one gift no one can take away.
- Top City you would want to live in ? – New York City [West or East side lol]
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning ? – Thank You God for allowing me to see another one of His glorious days.
- Are you religious ? Why ? Why not? – Yes. God is why I am here.
- What makes you happy ? – Me! Happiness is an internal concept, put the key to your happiness in someone else’s hands and you could get let down or lost… I’m learning this, but til I grasp it completely I also have my dog (Cloud) and my loving family.
- Whats your favorite color ? – Black
And now as I pay forward these blessings, I nominate:
My questions are:
- What do you know about Barbados?
- Have you ever tasted Rum or any food or drinks from Barbados? If yes, how was it?
- What do you do for fun?
- What is your favourite genre of music?
- Where around the globe would you travel to, if you could travel for free?
- If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?
- Can you describe your hair in one word or one sentence?
- Have you become what you wanted to be ‘when you grow up’, if not, is what/where you are better?
- What is your best feature? Why?
- What character trait do you like most in your friends or significant others? Why?