I’m not here to tell you what not to do this time, but I’m encouraging to try to do a few healthy things in the name of your hair 🙂
Healthy hair should be everyone’s hair desire but if hair growth and thickening are your hair goals, these tips can help as well.
1. Leave your edges un-laid some days. Don’t control your edges every single day of the week. Give them a break.
2. Try a protective style whether mini twists, cornrows, Senegalese twists, box braids, crotchet braids, sew-in weaves or wigs. Tip: wiggle your eyebrows and wrinkle your nose while your hair is being braided, don’t let the hairdresser do your hair too tight.
3. Keep to your wash routine. Don’t let two weeks turn into three turn into a month unless you’re wearing a protective style, and even then dry wash or clean your scalp somehow.
4. Clip or file your nails before doing your hair. Hair strands snag and pop on rough nail tips or on split nails and that can cause split ends, especially during your wash routine. Also, if you wear acrylics or gel tips, take care as they grow out because hair gets caught at the base where your real nail is starting to show.
5. Deep condition at least once a month and switch it up. Do a protein treatment one month, a moisture treatment another, or even a clay mask.
6. Follow a naturalista on YouTube who has a curl pattern similar to yours. It’s a plus if her hair goals match with yours. #winning
Who’s your YouTube twin or favourite vlogger? Comment
(This post is a report from Loop Lifestyle. P.S. Also written by me.)